Distance students can receive materials owned by the Trustee Library by mail (for books) or by email (for articles). Use our online form to submit your request to Information Delivery specialist Amanda Roper.
Articles may be copied or scanned for personal use. Books may be borrowed via postal service, with checkout periods determined by the Information Delivery specialist. For more information, contact Amanda Roper at email@example.com.
Interlibrary Loan (ILL) allows the Library to borrow books or get articles from other libraries if they are not available here at Brenau. These services are available to
- Women’s College students
- Evening & Weekend students
- Academy students
- Faculty members & their spouses
- and Staff members.
Types of material that can be borrowed include Books, Theses, Dissertations, some Microfilm, and photocopied Articles.
Types of material that cannot be borrowed include
- Periodical Volumes
- Recent Newspapers (not on microfilm)
- Reference Books
- Rare or Valuable Material
- and Musical Recordings.
While Brenau Trustee Library does not charge to use its Information Delivery service, some lending libraries do charge for their services. We make every attempt to obtain the item at no cost. On the request form, you can indicate the maximum amount you are willing to pay for the item.
When Information Delivery items arrive, you will be notified by telephone or email. Material can be picked up and returned at the Brenau Trustee Library Circulation Desk.
Please be aware of the following before submitting Information Delivery requests: Information Delivery material can take up to 20 working days to arrive.
- Loan periods for Information Delivery items are determined by the lending library. Two weeks is the common time limit.
- Requests for renewal of Information Delivery items must be made 3 days in advance of the due date.
- Charges and restrictions from lending libraries must be honored.
- You are limited to 5 requests per week.
- The library cannot request more than 5 articles from the same periodical title per year.